A pregnant woman's body is in the process of nurturing a newborn while steadily preparing herself to be a mother. This is a wonderful time in life, yet it is oftentimes accompanied by physical and mental symptoms including back pains, stiff shoulders, anxiety, and depression. Although these are not serious diseases, they can be unpleasant and bring discomfort to your daily life.
Megumi Shiatsu Clinic is keen to help support your maternity life by bringing you the healing touch and pleasure of shiatsu and aromatherapy.
According to the conditions of each individual, we will carry out safe and gentle shiatsu massages on pregnant ladies in several positions such as laying down in Sims Position [facing sideway] with a body pillow, a slightly elevated Supine Position [face up] or in seated postures.
The quintessence of Shiatsu is what’s known as a “motherly heart”.
A gentle shiatsu practiced with a “motherly heart” can help to heal and regulate one’s autonomic nervous system, alleviating discomfort and pain in the body.
Prenatal Aromatherapy Treatment
At Megumi Shiatsu Clinic, we also provide “Prenatal Aromatherapy Treatment” developed by Kaori Harada, a certified aromatherapist under ITEC (UK) and a certified birth Doula under DONA(US) under the supervision of Dr. Taro Maeda, Director of Maeda Obstetrics and Gynecology. Based on clinical experiences and cutting-edge medical research from Japan and abroad, we provide aroma oil massage catered towards pregnant ladies that prioritizes safety while striving to fill our clients with loving care and gentle kindness.
- Please refrain from making an appointment if you have any of the following conditions:
- Still within the first 20 weeks of your pregnancy (please contact us if you are above week37)
- Your doctor has advised you to rest at home
- Threatened abortion and threatened premature delivery (on medication to prevent premature labor such as Ritodrine Hydrochloride etc.)
- Genital bleeding
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension (pregnancy toxicosis)
- Gestational diabetes
- Placenta previa
- Monochorionic twins
- Please talk to your doctor and get the appropriate permission before making an appointment for shiatsu / oil massage.
- Please bring your“Maternal and Child Health Handbook”along so that we can take a look at it during consultation. For safety reasons, we cannot provide any shiatsu / oil massage without the Health Handbook.
- On the day of your appointment, if you feel unwell, tense or simply feeling under the weather, feel free to cancel your appointment.